Most read reports
- Eritrea: Peace deal could offer hope for reforms, including three key steps, says UN expert
- Security Council Press Statement on Developments in Horn of Africa Region
- Déclaration à la presse faite par le Conseil de sécurité sur l’évolution de la situation dans la région de la Corne de l’Afrique
- Can improved Ethiopia-Eritrea relations stabilise the region?
- Along with Peace, Eritreans Need Repression to End
（From Chinese Embassy in The State of Eritrea）
Medical Assistance Team is one of the Chinese development assistance modalities to Africa. Since sending its first medical team to Eritrea in September 1997, China has successively dispatched 8 medical teams of 150 person times to Eritrea by the end of 2014.
The Chinese government will provide emergency food aid and cash aid worth 353.2 million yuan ($55.28 million) to Ethiopia and other African drought-stricken regions to fight drought, Premier Wen Jiabao made the promise when meeting Ethiopian Prime Minister Meles Zenawi on August 15, in Beijing.
China announced to provide 90 million yuan ($14 million) of emergency food assistance to countries in the Horn of Africa in late July.