Most read reports
- Eritrea: Human rights central to brighter future, says expert
- The Ministry of Health Eritrea launches the National Measles Rubella Vaccination and vitamin A supplementation campaign for children under 15
- Thousands of families reunited one month after Ethiopia–Eritrea border reopens
- Somalia and Eritrea: Security Council to Lift Sanctions on Eritrea
- Unanimously Adopting Resolution 2444 (2018), Security Council Lifts Sanctions on Eritrea, Renews Arms Embargo against Somalia
They arrive in overloaded boats, unprotected, bringing with them only the hope for a better life – the African refugees’ passage to Europe resembles a long odyssey over the open Mediterranean Sea, to which not all of them survive.
Those who arrive at the Italian coast will, first of all, go to one of the overcrowded reception camps. These are places, which make their previous hopes fade away and put a hard reality into the foreground.
Kaufbeuren/Asmara - The Horn of Africa and particularly Eritrea have been severely hit by the famine spreading across the African continent. 2.3 million people are threatened with starvation in Eritrea - more than 60 percent of the population. At humedica, preparations are well under way for a campaign against hunger. A humedica medical team will shortly be opening a feeding centre for young children and organising food supplies plus medical help for approximately 10,000 people.