Most read reports
- Eritrea: Human rights central to brighter future, says expert
- Thousands of families reunited one month after Ethiopia–Eritrea border reopens
- The Ministry of Health Eritrea launches the National Measles Rubella Vaccination and vitamin A supplementation campaign for children under 15
- Somalia and Eritrea: Security Council to Lift Sanctions on Eritrea
- Can improved Ethiopia-Eritrea relations stabilise the region?
Increasingly, migrants from the Horn of Africa, mostly Ethiopians, land on Yemeni shores by crossing the Gulf of Aden through ruthless smuggling networks, hoping to sustain and improve their fate by eventually reaching the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and other Gulf countries. The Kingdom’s efforts to preempt inward irregular migration overland from Yemen by sealing its borders contributes to the growing humanitarian crisis at Yemen’s northern border. Here, thousands of migrants remain destitute and stranded as their stamina and resources are depleted from the journey.