Most read reports
- Thousands of families reunited one month after Ethiopia–Eritrea border reopens
- Eritrea: Peace deal could offer hope for reforms, including three key steps, says UN expert
- Can improved Ethiopia-Eritrea relations stabilise the region?
- Along with Peace, Eritreans Need Repression to End
- Security Council Press Statement on Developments in Horn of Africa Region
The Zayed Foundation for Charitable and Humanitarian Works has allocated Dh 26 million for the relief campaign in the drought-hit countries in the Horn of Africa.
Acting upon instructions by President H.H. Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan and follow up of General Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Abu Dhabi Crown Prince and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, the Foundation will use these funds to drill water wells in a number of Eastern African countries of Djibouti, Tanzania and Ethiopia whose some regions were affected by drought due to short of rains.