Most read reports
- Eritrea: Human rights central to brighter future, says expert
- The Ministry of Health Eritrea launches the National Measles Rubella Vaccination and vitamin A supplementation campaign for children under 15
- Thousands of families reunited one month after Ethiopia–Eritrea border reopens
- Somalia and Eritrea: Security Council to Lift Sanctions on Eritrea
- Unanimously Adopting Resolution 2444 (2018), Security Council Lifts Sanctions on Eritrea, Renews Arms Embargo against Somalia
The UAE Red Crescent Authority (RCA) has begun delivery of relief aid to victims of drought in the Horn of Africa, particularly in Ethiopia and Somalia. "Drought has caused crop failure and killed livestock in some parts of the Horn of Africa. This situation has caused a serious humanitarian situation which we are trying to address by sending relief supplies to those in need", said Dr. Ali bin Abdullah Al Kaabi, Chairman of the RCA Board of Directors.