Most read reports
- Thousands of families reunited one month after Ethiopia–Eritrea border reopens
- Eritrea: Peace deal could offer hope for reforms, including three key steps, says UN expert
- Can improved Ethiopia-Eritrea relations stabilise the region?
- Security Council Press Statement on Developments in Horn of Africa Region
- Along with Peace, Eritreans Need Repression to End
The Irish Red Cross announced today that it will send €25,000 to help feed people in Ethiopia and in Kenya who are facing hunger and a potential famine.
The decision to send the money comes in the wake of an international appeal launched earlier this month for €73 million by the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies to deal with an exceptional humanitarian crisis across Ethiopia, Kenya and other countries forming the Horn of Africa.
The crisis arises as a result of a …