Most read reports
- Eritrea: Human rights central to brighter future, says expert
- Somalia and Eritrea: Security Council to Lift Sanctions on Eritrea
- Thousands of families reunited one month after Ethiopia–Eritrea border reopens
- UNFPA strengthening partnerships in Eritrea to sustain development gains
- GIEWS Country Brief: Eritrea 25-October-2018
Egypt has dispatched a medical convoy to Eritrea, the Foreign Ministry said on Saturday 18/6/2016.
The Egyptian convoy was dispatched from the Egyptian Agency of Partnership for Development (EAPD), added the ministry. The convoy included eight doctors, a medical equipment engineer and a general supervisor.
More than 100 surgeries were carried out by the Egyptian doctors and medical tests conducted on more than 1,200 patients. The Eritrean health departments extended thanks to Egypt for dispatching the convoy.