Most read reports
- Thousands of families reunited one month after Ethiopia–Eritrea border reopens
- Eritrea: Peace deal could offer hope for reforms, including three key steps, says UN expert
- Can improved Ethiopia-Eritrea relations stabilise the region?
- Security Council Press Statement on Developments in Horn of Africa Region
- Along with Peace, Eritreans Need Repression to End
Georgetown, GINA, August 17, 2011
President Bharrat Jagdeo earlier today expressed his alarm at the unfolding famine in the Horn of Africa, and emphasised his distress at the images of children caught in the ravages of the devastating drought in Eastern Africa.
The President also announced that his Government will be making famine relief of US$100,000, equivalent to G$20M, immediately available to the people of the affected areas, as a measure intended to help bring some comfort to them.