Most read reports
- Eritrea: Human rights central to brighter future, says expert
- Thousands of families reunited one month after Ethiopia–Eritrea border reopens
- The Ministry of Health Eritrea launches the National Measles Rubella Vaccination and vitamin A supplementation campaign for children under 15
- Somalia and Eritrea: Security Council to Lift Sanctions on Eritrea
- Can improved Ethiopia-Eritrea relations stabilise the region?
The European Union and its Member States must urgently scale up their responses to the refugee crisis in the Middle East and Europe as winter approaches before more lives get lost, five major humanitarian organisations said today.
As another high-level EU migration meeting convenes on October 8, the organisations – CARE International, Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC), Welthungerhilfe, International Catholic Migration Committee (ICMC), and World Vision – called for a common and comprehensive approach that addresses root causes of displacement and prioritizes human rights.