Most read reports
- Somalia and Eritrea: Security Council to Lift Sanctions on Eritrea
- Eritrea: Human rights central to brighter future, says expert
- Unanimously Adopting Resolution 2444 (2018), Security Council Lifts Sanctions on Eritrea, Renews Arms Embargo against Somalia
- Thousands of families reunited one month after Ethiopia–Eritrea border reopens
- UN Security Council Lifts Arms Embargo on Eritrea
The European Union and its Member States must urgently scale up their responses to the refugee crisis in the Middle East and Europe as winter approaches before more lives get lost, five major humanitarian organisations said today.
As another high-level EU migration meeting convenes on October 8, the organisations – CARE International, Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC), Welthungerhilfe, International Catholic Migration Committee (ICMC), and World Vision – called for a common and comprehensive approach that addresses root causes of displacement and prioritizes human rights.