Most read reports
- Eritrea: Peace deal could offer hope for reforms, including three key steps, says UN expert
- Can improved Ethiopia-Eritrea relations stabilise the region?
- Along with Peace, Eritreans Need Repression to End
- Ethiopia, Eritrea Reopen Border Crossing
- Through Regional Diplomacy, Eritrea Normalizes Ties with Djibouti
There is a clear need to increase the efficacy of Early Warning Systems (EWS) in the Greater Horn of Africa (GHA), to reduce the impact of flooding events on the lives and livelihoods of people living in that region. In particular, EWS must reach the so-called ‘last-mile’; highly vulnerable communities based in remote and rural areas with a low inherent resilience to disasters