Most read reports
- Eritrea: Peace deal could offer hope for reforms, including three key steps, says UN expert
- Security Council Press Statement on Developments in Horn of Africa Region
- Déclaration à la presse faite par le Conseil de sécurité sur l’évolution de la situation dans la région de la Corne de l’Afrique
- Can improved Ethiopia-Eritrea relations stabilise the region?
- Along with Peace, Eritreans Need Repression to End
The Somali Peninsula, better known as The Horn of Africa, is the easternmost tip of the African continent. The region contains the countries of Eritrea, Djibouti, Ethiopia and Somalia, covering approximately 2 million square kilometers, nine times the size of the Korean Peninsula.
During the years 1982 to 1992, more than 2 million people in the region died in war-related famine.