Most read reports
- Eritrea: Human rights central to brighter future, says expert
- Thousands of families reunited one month after Ethiopia–Eritrea border reopens
- The Ministry of Health Eritrea launches the National Measles Rubella Vaccination and vitamin A supplementation campaign for children under 15
- Somalia and Eritrea: Security Council to Lift Sanctions on Eritrea
- Can improved Ethiopia-Eritrea relations stabilise the region?
The Somali Peninsula, better known as The Horn of Africa, is the easternmost tip of the African continent. The region contains the countries of Eritrea, Djibouti, Ethiopia and Somalia, covering approximately 2 million square kilometers, nine times the size of the Korean Peninsula.
During the years 1982 to 1992, more than 2 million people in the region died in war-related famine.