Most read reports
- Thousands of families reunited one month after Ethiopia–Eritrea border reopens
- Eritrea: Peace deal could offer hope for reforms, including three key steps, says UN expert
- Can improved Ethiopia-Eritrea relations stabilise the region?
- Security Council Press Statement on Developments in Horn of Africa Region
- Along with Peace, Eritreans Need Repression to End
by Nita Bhalla | @nitabhalla | Thomson Reuters Foundation
More than 800,000 people are trafficked across international borders annually
By Nita Bhalla
NAIROBI, July 30 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Trafficking gangs are flourishing across Africa through the exploitation of hundreds of thousands of migrants, yet nations are failing to dismantle networks due to a lack of coordination, the United Nations said on Monday.
About 40,000 refugees and asylum seekers registered by UNHCR are in Libya, the main crossing point from Africa to Europe
By Nellie Peyton
DAKAR, March 7 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - An emergency plan to evacuate refugees from dangerous prisons in Libya has stalled because European countries are taking too long to resettle them, the United Nations said on Wednesday.
Source: Thomson Reuters Foundation - Mon, 28 Dec 2015 00:01 GMT
Author: Tom Esslemont
LONDON, Dec 28 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - There's one prediction for 2016 that most aid workers can make with confidence - that the new year will usher in rising humanitarian needs.
Read the full article on the Thomson Reuters Foundation