Most read reports
- Thousands of families reunited one month after Ethiopia–Eritrea border reopens
- UNFPA strengthening partnerships in Eritrea to sustain development gains
- Eritrea: Peace deal could offer hope for reforms, including three key steps, says UN expert
- Can improved Ethiopia-Eritrea relations stabilise the region?
- Security Council Press Statement on Developments in Horn of Africa Region
by Nita Bhalla | @nitabhalla | Thomson Reuters Foundation
More than 800,000 people are trafficked across international borders annually
By Nita Bhalla
NAIROBI, July 30 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Trafficking gangs are flourishing across Africa through the exploitation of hundreds of thousands of migrants, yet nations are failing to dismantle networks due to a lack of coordination, the United Nations said on Monday.