Most read reports
- Eritrea: Peace deal could offer hope for reforms, including three key steps, says UN expert
- Can improved Ethiopia-Eritrea relations stabilise the region?
- Along with Peace, Eritreans Need Repression to End
- Ethiopia, Eritrea Reopen Border Crossing
- Through Regional Diplomacy, Eritrea Normalizes Ties with Djibouti
Nairobi and New York - The United Nations Development Fund for Women (UNIFEM) is calling on members of the international community to take serious action to address the urgent needs of more than eight million people severely affected by drought in the Horn of Africa. The call follows today's launch of a $426 million appeal by Jan Egeland, the UN's Emergency Relief Coordinator.