Most read reports
- Somalia and Eritrea: Security Council to Lift Sanctions on Eritrea
- Eritrea: Human rights central to brighter future, says expert
- Unanimously Adopting Resolution 2444 (2018), Security Council Lifts Sanctions on Eritrea, Renews Arms Embargo against Somalia
- Thousands of families reunited one month after Ethiopia–Eritrea border reopens
- UN Security Council Lifts Arms Embargo on Eritrea
Nairobi and New York - The United Nations Development Fund for Women (UNIFEM) is calling on members of the international community to take serious action to address the urgent needs of more than eight million people severely affected by drought in the Horn of Africa. The call follows today's launch of a $426 million appeal by Jan Egeland, the UN's Emergency Relief Coordinator.