Most read reports
- Eritrea: Peace deal could offer hope for reforms, including three key steps, says UN expert
- Can improved Ethiopia-Eritrea relations stabilise the region?
- Security Council Press Statement on Developments in Horn of Africa Region
- Along with Peace, Eritreans Need Repression to End
- Ethiopia, Eritrea Reopen Border Crossing
UN Secretary-General, WBG and IsDBG Presidents, and other Agency Heads Visit Region to Link Peace Efforts with Economic Progress
The Islamic Development Bank has approved US$ 650,000 as Emergency Relief Assistance allocated to drought stricken countries in the Horn of Africa ( Somalia, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Eritrea and Kenya) in addition to Malawi in South East Africa.
The amount, which will support the ongoing relief efforts in those countries where More than 11 million people were affected by the drought, will be disbursed as follows:
- US$ 150,000 Emergency Assistance to Somalia for water wells and purchasing food stuff.
- US$ 100,000 Emergency Assistance to Djibouti for purchasing food stuff.
- US$ …