Most read reports
- Thousands of families reunited one month after Ethiopia–Eritrea border reopens
- Eritrea: Peace deal could offer hope for reforms, including three key steps, says UN expert
- Can improved Ethiopia-Eritrea relations stabilise the region?
- Security Council Press Statement on Developments in Horn of Africa Region
- Along with Peace, Eritreans Need Repression to End
September 5, 2003, Vienna, Austria - The OPEC Fund for International Development has distributed over 43,000 metric tons of food aid to towns and villages in nine African countries: Eritrea, Ethiopia, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritania, Mozambique, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe that are affected by the current food crisis sweeping much of Africa. Under a special Food Aid Grant Account, the OPEC Fund has provided a total US$20 million to assist a number of countries in Africa severely affected by the worsening crisis.