Most read reports
- Eritrea: Human rights central to brighter future, says expert
- The Ministry of Health Eritrea launches the National Measles Rubella Vaccination and vitamin A supplementation campaign for children under 15
- Thousands of families reunited one month after Ethiopia–Eritrea border reopens
- Somalia and Eritrea: Security Council to Lift Sanctions on Eritrea
- Unanimously Adopting Resolution 2444 (2018), Security Council Lifts Sanctions on Eritrea, Renews Arms Embargo against Somalia
September 5, 2003, Vienna, Austria - The OPEC Fund for International Development has distributed over 43,000 metric tons of food aid to towns and villages in nine African countries: Eritrea, Ethiopia, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritania, Mozambique, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe that are affected by the current food crisis sweeping much of Africa. Under a special Food Aid Grant Account, the OPEC Fund has provided a total US$20 million to assist a number of countries in Africa severely affected by the worsening crisis.