Most read reports
- Eritrea: Human rights central to brighter future, says expert
- The Ministry of Health Eritrea launches the National Measles Rubella Vaccination and vitamin A supplementation campaign for children under 15
- Thousands of families reunited one month after Ethiopia–Eritrea border reopens
- Somalia and Eritrea: Security Council to Lift Sanctions on Eritrea
- Unanimously Adopting Resolution 2444 (2018), Security Council Lifts Sanctions on Eritrea, Renews Arms Embargo against Somalia
ERITREA - HAILSTORM
DHA-GENEVA SITUATION REPORT NO.1
17 APRIL 1993
1. PORT CITY OF MASSAWA HEAVILY DAMAGED BY HAILSTORM ON 15 APRIL. ENTIRE RESIDENTIAL AREAS FLATTENED, PORT FACILITIES INCLUDING WAREHOUSE, CRANES AND OTHER EQUIPMENT DESTROYED. SITUATION IN MASSAWA AGGRAVATED BY ELECTRICITY SUPPLY CUTS.
2. SURROUNDING VILLAGES ALSO AFFECTED LEAVING A TOTAL NUMBER OF HOMELESS OF UP TO 14,000.