Most read reports
- Thousands of families reunited one month after Ethiopia–Eritrea border reopens
- Eritrea: Peace deal could offer hope for reforms, including three key steps, says UN expert
- Can improved Ethiopia-Eritrea relations stabilise the region?
- Security Council Press Statement on Developments in Horn of Africa Region
- Along with Peace, Eritreans Need Repression to End
ERITREA - HAILSTORM
DHA-GENEVA SITUATION REPORT NO.1
17 APRIL 1993
1. PORT CITY OF MASSAWA HEAVILY DAMAGED BY HAILSTORM ON 15 APRIL. ENTIRE RESIDENTIAL AREAS FLATTENED, PORT FACILITIES INCLUDING WAREHOUSE, CRANES AND OTHER EQUIPMENT DESTROYED. SITUATION IN MASSAWA AGGRAVATED BY ELECTRICITY SUPPLY CUTS.
2. SURROUNDING VILLAGES ALSO AFFECTED LEAVING A TOTAL NUMBER OF HOMELESS OF UP TO 14,000.