Most read reports
- Security Council Press Statement on Developments in Horn of Africa Region
- Déclaration à la presse faite par le Conseil de sécurité sur l’évolution de la situation dans la région de la Corne de l’Afrique
- Eritrea: Peace deal could offer hope for reforms, including three key steps, says UN expert
- Can improved Ethiopia-Eritrea relations stabilise the region?
- Along with Peace, Eritreans Need Repression to End
Guiding Principles for Internal Displacement and IDP issues in Ethiopia
Patterns of displacement in Ethiopia
UN Secretary-General Appoints Regional
On 1 May, UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan appointed Manuel Aranda da Silva to serve as UN Regional Humanitarian Coordinator for the Drought in the Horn of Africa. Mr. Da Silva, who is a senior WFP official and a Mozambican national, will ensure coordination at the regional level of the UN inter-agency response to the drought in the Horn of Africa. This will include drought-related humanitarian efforts in Ethiopia, Djibouti, Somalia, Kenya and Eritrea, among other countries.