Most read reports
- Eritrea: Peace deal could offer hope for reforms, including three key steps, says UN expert
- Can improved Ethiopia-Eritrea relations stabilise the region?
- Along with Peace, Eritreans Need Repression to End
- Ethiopia, Eritrea Reopen Border Crossing
- Through Regional Diplomacy, Eritrea Normalizes Ties with Djibouti
Political instability, war, and dry weather has pushed food production systems to the breaking point in several countries in the Greater Horn of Africa.
This image, from France’s SPOT satellite, shows severe drought in Somalia, Kenya, and southern Ethiopia. The image is a vegetation anomaly, a measure of how well plants were growing compared to average. This image compares plant growth between January