Most read reports
- Thousands of families reunited one month after Ethiopia–Eritrea border reopens
- Eritrea: Peace deal could offer hope for reforms, including three key steps, says UN expert
- Can improved Ethiopia-Eritrea relations stabilise the region?
- Security Council Press Statement on Developments in Horn of Africa Region
- Along with Peace, Eritreans Need Repression to End
Khartoum, May 6 (SUNA) - About 315,496 refugees returned home from the neighboring countries until last April within the context of national voluntary repatriation. In statement to SUNA, Commissioner of Refugees, Dr Mohamed Ahmed Al Aghbash said that the total number of the Sudanese returnees from Uganda since the year 2005 until April was 162, 386, while the Sudanese returnees from Kenya were 37, 479, besides 49,239 people from Ethiopia and 3,728 from Egypt, 41,832 from Congo, 19,299 from the Central Republic of Africa, 215 from Eritrea and 218 from the other countries. AH/MO
Asmara, Feb. 15 (SUNA) - The First Vice - President of the Republic, Salva Kiir, Friday held talks in the Eritrean Masawa city with the President of Eritrea, Assais Afewerki, which included the implementation of the Comprehensive Peace Agreement (CPA) and the ongoing efforts to reach solution for Darfur issue.