Most read reports
- Security Council Press Statement on Developments in Horn of Africa Region
- Eritrea: Peace deal could offer hope for reforms, including three key steps, says UN expert
- Déclaration à la presse faite par le Conseil de sécurité sur l’évolution de la situation dans la région de la Corne de l’Afrique
- Can improved Ethiopia-Eritrea relations stabilise the region?
- Along with Peace, Eritreans Need Repression to End
NEW YORK, 29 September 2009 - A number of United Nations Member States added their names to the 'Paris Commitments' to protect children from recruitment and use by armed forces or armed groups today, at a Ministerial level meeting at UN Headquarters. The number of States to have endorsed the commitments has increased to 84, the latest being Albania, the Central African Republic, Eritrea, Guinea, Jamaica, Liechtenstein, Panama and Senegal.
The Paris Commitments were adopted in Paris in February 2007, and are an expression of strengthened international resolve to prevent the …