Most read reports
- Eritrea: Peace deal could offer hope for reforms, including three key steps, says UN expert
- Security Council Press Statement on Developments in Horn of Africa Region
- Déclaration à la presse faite par le Conseil de sécurité sur l’évolution de la situation dans la région de la Corne de l’Afrique
- Can improved Ethiopia-Eritrea relations stabilise the region?
- Along with Peace, Eritreans Need Repression to End
It would be recalled that since 1990 African Heads of State and Government decided that 16 June of each year shall be observed as the Day of the African Child in remembrance of the massacre of innocent children in Soweto by the then racist regime of South Africa. This year's theme of the Day of the African Child is "Protection of the Child Against Exploitation and Abuse".
Organization of African Unity
At the initiative of H.E. Mr. Abdelaziz BOUTEFLIKA, President of the People's Democratic Republic of Algeria and Current Chairman of the Organization of African Unity (OAU), an OAU delegation led by Mr. Ahmed OUYAHIA, Personal Envoy of the Current Chairman, visited Addis Ababa and Asmara from 21 to 24 May 2000.
Recalling that the Government of the State of Eritrea and the Government of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, hereinafter referred to as the Parties, have accepted the OAU Framework Agreement and the modalities for its implementation,