Most read reports
- Eritrea: Peace deal could offer hope for reforms, including three key steps, says UN expert
- Can improved Ethiopia-Eritrea relations stabilise the region?
- Along with Peace, Eritreans Need Repression to End
- Ethiopia, Eritrea Reopen Border Crossing
- Through Regional Diplomacy, Eritrea Normalizes Ties with Djibouti
IMF Projects Solid Growth for Sub-Saharan Africa in the Face of Headwinds
Press Release No. 15/179
April 28, 2015
Introducing the April 2015 IMF Regional Economic Outlook: Sub-Saharan Africa, Ms. Antoinette Sayeh, Director of the IMF’s African Department commented today:
Prepared by the Statistics Department
Press Release No. 06/11
Rodrigo de Rato, the Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), today issued the following statement on the risk of food shortages in sub-Saharan Africa:
"I note with deep concern the reports of increasing food insecurity in parts of Africa, including reports by the Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO) and the World Food Programme (WFP) of the UN, as well as by our own Resident Representatives in sub-Saharan countries in Africa.
Press Release No. 02/49