Most read reports
- Eritrea: Human rights central to brighter future, says expert
- The Ministry of Health Eritrea launches the National Measles Rubella Vaccination and vitamin A supplementation campaign for children under 15
- Somalia and Eritrea: Security Council to Lift Sanctions on Eritrea
- Unanimously Adopting Resolution 2444 (2018), Security Council Lifts Sanctions on Eritrea, Renews Arms Embargo against Somalia
- Thousands of families reunited one month after Ethiopia–Eritrea border reopens
25 July 2014, Nairobi, Kenya. 14 technical experts working at the IGAD Secretariat and its specialized programmes including the Climate Prediction and Applications Centre (ICPAC), the Centre for Pastoral Areas and Livestock Development (ICPALD) and IGAD-Somalia, completes successfully a one week specialised refresher training on Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and remote sensing applications delivered by UNOSAT trainers.
This map illustrates the total August rainfall accumulation for East Africa, derived from the CMORPH precipitation dataset at a spatial resolution of approximately 10km for this region, and was calculated using microwave and infrared data from geostationary satellites. It is possible that precipitation levels may have been underestimated for local areas, and is not a substitute for ground station measurements.
Changes in vegetation cover and strength as measured between two 16 day periods (7-21 April 2005 and 7-22 April 2006 (MODIS Enhanced Vegetation Index (EVI))
Changes in vegetation cover and strength as measured between two 16 day periods (6-21 March 2006 and 7-22 April 2006 (MODIS Enhanced Vegetation Index (EVI))