Most read reports
- Eritrea: Peace deal could offer hope for reforms, including three key steps, says UN expert
- Can improved Ethiopia-Eritrea relations stabilise the region?
- Along with Peace, Eritreans Need Repression to End
- Ethiopia, Eritrea Reopen Border Crossing
- Through Regional Diplomacy, Eritrea Normalizes Ties with Djibouti
The wave of popular uprisings sweeping across the Arab world has not yet reached Sudan. The early, Egyptian manifestation inspired attempts at protests in Khartoum, none of them successful, and energized a reformist movement among Islamists, especially at the universities, focusing on corruption and the dysfunction of institutions.