Most read reports
- Eritrea: Human rights central to brighter future, says expert
- Somalia and Eritrea: Security Council to Lift Sanctions on Eritrea
- Unanimously Adopting Resolution 2444 (2018), Security Council Lifts Sanctions on Eritrea, Renews Arms Embargo against Somalia
- Thousands of families reunited one month after Ethiopia–Eritrea border reopens
- UN Security Council Lifts Arms Embargo on Eritrea
The wave of popular uprisings sweeping across the Arab world has not yet reached Sudan. The early, Egyptian manifestation inspired attempts at protests in Khartoum, none of them successful, and energized a reformist movement among Islamists, especially at the universities, focusing on corruption and the dysfunction of institutions.