Most read reports
- UNFPA strengthening partnerships in Eritrea to sustain development gains
- Thousands of families reunited one month after Ethiopia–Eritrea border reopens
- Eritrea: Peace deal could offer hope for reforms, including three key steps, says UN expert
- Can improved Ethiopia-Eritrea relations stabilise the region?
- Security Council Press Statement on Developments in Horn of Africa Region
By Ash Gallagher
Garding, Germany — Brahane Tesfay, a 21-year-old asylum seeker from Eritrea, is one of thousands of refugees who have come here after a desperate journey for a better life.
But Germany wasn't Tesfay's first stop. He arrived at the end of April after spending more than five years attempting to start anew in Israel.