Most read reports
- Eritrea: Human rights central to brighter future, says expert
- Somalia and Eritrea: Security Council to Lift Sanctions on Eritrea
- Unanimously Adopting Resolution 2444 (2018), Security Council Lifts Sanctions on Eritrea, Renews Arms Embargo against Somalia
- Thousands of families reunited one month after Ethiopia–Eritrea border reopens
- UN Security Council Lifts Arms Embargo on Eritrea
More than 24 million internally displaced persons (IDPs) lack satisfactory judicial protection, a prepared by ten donor organisations reveals. The report is the first of its kind and serves as a good starting point for improving the situation for IDPs.
Answering the UN's annual appeals for different
countries and regions, Sida has decided to allocate EUR 36.7 million to
alleviate crises in about 20 countries.
A positive change since last year is that Sudan, Angola and the Democratic Republic of Congo have all initiated peace processes, even though the humanitarian situation remains very serious. Apart from armed conflict, HIV/AIDS represents the biggest threat to development.
Sida has just decided to allocate nearly EUR 49,1 million for disaster measures in reply to the United Nation's annual requests for aid regarding different countries and regions.