Most read reports
- Eritrea: Human rights central to brighter future, says expert
- Thousands of families reunited one month after Ethiopia–Eritrea border reopens
- The Ministry of Health Eritrea launches the National Measles Rubella Vaccination and vitamin A supplementation campaign for children under 15
- Somalia and Eritrea: Security Council to Lift Sanctions on Eritrea
- Can improved Ethiopia-Eritrea relations stabilise the region?
As thousands of refugees streamed into Berlin, they strained the health care system. Rotarian and physician Pia Skarabis-Querfeld spent the last three years building a network of volunteer doctors to help those in need.
By Rhea Wessel Produced by Andrew Chudzinski
On the nightly news and around her city, Pia Skarabis-Querfeld saw the refugees arriving in Berlin after fleeing war, persecution, and poverty in their home countries.