Most read reports
- Eritrea Humanitarian Situation Report: January-December 2018
- Eritrea: Human rights central to brighter future, says expert
- Thousands of families reunited one month after Ethiopia–Eritrea border reopens
- The Ministry of Health Eritrea launches the National Measles Rubella Vaccination and vitamin A supplementation campaign for children under 15
- Somalia and Eritrea: Security Council to Lift Sanctions on Eritrea
On route to Israel refugees are tortured for ransom, in particular in the Sinai.
About 1.5% of those held in the desert are children accompanied by their parents, or single mothers; the vast majority is from Eritrea.
Once arrived in Israel, the Anti-Infiltration Law foresees detention of refugees, including their children for up to three years. Refugees from a so-called “Enemy State”, such as Sudan, may be detained indefinitely, also their children.