Most read reports
- Security Council Press Statement on Developments in Horn of Africa Region
- Eritrea: Peace deal could offer hope for reforms, including three key steps, says UN expert
- Déclaration à la presse faite par le Conseil de sécurité sur l’évolution de la situation dans la région de la Corne de l’Afrique
- Can improved Ethiopia-Eritrea relations stabilise the region?
- Along with Peace, Eritreans Need Repression to End
On route to Israel refugees are tortured for ransom, in particular in the Sinai.
About 1.5% of those held in the desert are children accompanied by their parents, or single mothers; the vast majority is from Eritrea.
Once arrived in Israel, the Anti-Infiltration Law foresees detention of refugees, including their children for up to three years. Refugees from a so-called “Enemy State”, such as Sudan, may be detained indefinitely, also their children.