Most read reports
- Somalia and Eritrea: Security Council to Lift Sanctions on Eritrea
- Eritrea: Human rights central to brighter future, says expert
- Unanimously Adopting Resolution 2444 (2018), Security Council Lifts Sanctions on Eritrea, Renews Arms Embargo against Somalia
- Thousands of families reunited one month after Ethiopia–Eritrea border reopens
- UN Security Council Lifts Arms Embargo on Eritrea
The Horn of Africa is currently in the grip of a crisis threatening the lives of millions of people across the region. The seven countries in the Horn - Eritrea, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Somalia, Kenya, Uganda and Sudan - have a combined population of 160 million people, almost half of whom live in areas which suffer from chronic food shortages.
Trócaire launches an Africa-wide emergency appeal to raise €3 million to target the many countries on the African continent facing hunger and food insecurity.
A number of regions in Africa are experiencing food shortages with various levels of severity and complexity.