Most read reports
- Security Council Press Statement on Developments in Horn of Africa Region
- Déclaration à la presse faite par le Conseil de sécurité sur l’évolution de la situation dans la région de la Corne de l’Afrique
- Eritrea: Peace deal could offer hope for reforms, including three key steps, says UN expert
- Can improved Ethiopia-Eritrea relations stabilise the region?
- Along with Peace, Eritreans Need Repression to End
The Horn of Africa is currently in the grip of a crisis threatening the lives of millions of people across the region. The seven countries in the Horn - Eritrea, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Somalia, Kenya, Uganda and Sudan - have a combined population of 160 million people, almost half of whom live in areas which suffer from chronic food shortages.
Trócaire launches an Africa-wide emergency appeal to raise €3 million to target the many countries on the African continent facing hunger and food insecurity.
A number of regions in Africa are experiencing food shortages with various levels of severity and complexity.