Most read reports
- Eritrea: Peace deal could offer hope for reforms, including three key steps, says UN expert
- Security Council Press Statement on Developments in Horn of Africa Region
- Déclaration à la presse faite par le Conseil de sécurité sur l’évolution de la situation dans la région de la Corne de l’Afrique
- Can improved Ethiopia-Eritrea relations stabilise the region?
- Along with Peace, Eritreans Need Repression to End
The aim of this project is to ascertain how businesses and governments in eight global cities are contributing towards the integration of migrant and refugee populations, either through specialized outreach programmes, the provision of services or targeted funding of nongovernmental organizations, and to what extent these contributions can be deepened or expanded. Perhaps a more important goal is to determine whether and how business and cities are currently working together to create opportunities for migrants and refugees and deepen their integration into society.
Climate change drives people into harm’s way, says UN Refugee Chief
A new report based on scores of personal testimonies from refugees in Eastern Africa finds that climate change can make people more vulnerable and can also play a part in driving them into areas of conflict and ultimately across borders and into exile.