Most read reports
- Thousands of families reunited one month after Ethiopia–Eritrea border reopens
- Eritrea: Peace deal could offer hope for reforms, including three key steps, says UN expert
- Can improved Ethiopia-Eritrea relations stabilise the region?
- Security Council Press Statement on Developments in Horn of Africa Region
- Along with Peace, Eritreans Need Repression to End
Human Rights Council
14 March 2016
Hears Address from Minister of Justice of New Zealand
The Human Rights Council this morning held an interactive dialogue with Marzuki Darusman, Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights in the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, and with Sheila Keetharuth, Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights in Eritrea.
16 March 2015
The Human Rights Council this morning held separate interactive dialogues with the Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights in the Democratic People's Republic of Korea, and with the Commission of Inquiry on Eritrea.
Rome, 15 January 2009 - Italy's Directorate of Development Cooperation is to donate €10 million through FAO to finance agricultural and rural development programmes and improve food security in 2009.
The new donation, raising Italy's voluntary, extra-budgetary contributions to a total of some €60 million, confirms the country as one of FAO's leading donors.
"We warmly thank the Italian Government for this new contribution at a time when the ongoing economic and financial crisis risks reducing the level of development assistance," said Assistant Director-General …
40 Million People at Risk of Starvation,
Says Head of World Food Programme;
More Consistent Humanitarian Funding, Investment in Agriculture Urgently Needed