Most read reports
- Security Council Press Statement on Developments in Horn of Africa Region
- Eritrea: Peace deal could offer hope for reforms, including three key steps, says UN expert
- Déclaration à la presse faite par le Conseil de sécurité sur l’évolution de la situation dans la région de la Corne de l’Afrique
- Can improved Ethiopia-Eritrea relations stabilise the region?
- Along with Peace, Eritreans Need Repression to End
Young refugees from Somalia and Eritrea who are eagerly awaited by American foster families have been cleared to travel to the United States, Lutheran Social Services (LSS) tells VOA.
As VOA reported Friday, the Unaccompanied Refugee Minors (UMR) Program has been in a state of uncertainty since the Trump administration’s travel order went into effect June 29.
The Supreme Court allowed the order to be implemented as long as travelers and refugees with “bona fide” relationships to people or businesses in the United States were admitted.