Most read reports
- Somalia and Eritrea: Security Council to Lift Sanctions on Eritrea
- Eritrea: Human rights central to brighter future, says expert
- Unanimously Adopting Resolution 2444 (2018), Security Council Lifts Sanctions on Eritrea, Renews Arms Embargo against Somalia
- UN Security Council Lifts Arms Embargo on Eritrea
- Thousands of families reunited one month after Ethiopia–Eritrea border reopens
Young refugees from Somalia and Eritrea who are eagerly awaited by American foster families have been cleared to travel to the United States, Lutheran Social Services (LSS) tells VOA.
As VOA reported Friday, the Unaccompanied Refugee Minors (UMR) Program has been in a state of uncertainty since the Trump administration’s travel order went into effect June 29.
The Supreme Court allowed the order to be implemented as long as travelers and refugees with “bona fide” relationships to people or businesses in the United States were admitted.