Most read reports
- Thousands of families reunited one month after Ethiopia–Eritrea border reopens
- Eritrea: Peace deal could offer hope for reforms, including three key steps, says UN expert
- Can improved Ethiopia-Eritrea relations stabilise the region?
- Security Council Press Statement on Developments in Horn of Africa Region
- Along with Peace, Eritreans Need Repression to End
A warm welcome for child refugees
Unaccompanied child refugees flee to Britain escaping war and persecution. They have often experienced significant trauma; including witnessing the death of a loved one or suffering abuse or exploitation themselves.
Unsurprisingly, child refugees are usually extremely frightened and completely bewildered when they arrive on British shores.