Most read reports
- Eritrea: Human rights central to brighter future, says expert
- The Ministry of Health Eritrea launches the National Measles Rubella Vaccination and vitamin A supplementation campaign for children under 15
- Thousands of families reunited one month after Ethiopia–Eritrea border reopens
- Somalia and Eritrea: Security Council to Lift Sanctions on Eritrea
- Unanimously Adopting Resolution 2444 (2018), Security Council Lifts Sanctions on Eritrea, Renews Arms Embargo against Somalia
A warm welcome for child refugees
Unaccompanied child refugees flee to Britain escaping war and persecution. They have often experienced significant trauma; including witnessing the death of a loved one or suffering abuse or exploitation themselves.
Unsurprisingly, child refugees are usually extremely frightened and completely bewildered when they arrive on British shores.