Most read reports
- Eritrea: Human rights central to brighter future, says expert
- Thousands of families reunited one month after Ethiopia–Eritrea border reopens
- The Ministry of Health Eritrea launches the National Measles Rubella Vaccination and vitamin A supplementation campaign for children under 15
- Somalia and Eritrea: Security Council to Lift Sanctions on Eritrea
- Can improved Ethiopia-Eritrea relations stabilise the region?
LIVINGSTONE, 3 April 2008 (IRIN) - South Africa cut a lone figure in Zambia's tourist capital of Livingstone as the only African country not to endorse a global ban on the use of all cluster munitions.
Africa's economic powerhouse and the continent's leading arms producer was the odd one out following a two day meeting of 39 African countries, which on 1 April, endorsed the Livingstone Declaration calling for the eradication of all cluster munitions.
Cluster munitions were first used by the former Soviet Union during the Second World War and quickly became part of …