Most read reports
- Somalia and Eritrea: Security Council to Lift Sanctions on Eritrea
- Eritrea: Human rights central to brighter future, says expert
- Unanimously Adopting Resolution 2444 (2018), Security Council Lifts Sanctions on Eritrea, Renews Arms Embargo against Somalia
- UN Security Council Lifts Arms Embargo on Eritrea
- Thousands of families reunited one month after Ethiopia–Eritrea border reopens
LIVINGSTONE, 3 April 2008 (IRIN) - South Africa cut a lone figure in Zambia's tourist capital of Livingstone as the only African country not to endorse a global ban on the use of all cluster munitions.
Africa's economic powerhouse and the continent's leading arms producer was the odd one out following a two day meeting of 39 African countries, which on 1 April, endorsed the Livingstone Declaration calling for the eradication of all cluster munitions.
Cluster munitions were first used by the former Soviet Union during the Second World War and quickly became part of …