Most read reports
- Eritrea: Human rights central to brighter future, says expert
- Somalia and Eritrea: Security Council to Lift Sanctions on Eritrea
- Thousands of families reunited one month after Ethiopia–Eritrea border reopens
- UNFPA strengthening partnerships in Eritrea to sustain development gains
- GIEWS Country Brief: Eritrea 25-October-2018
KHARTOUM, Sudan, April 17 (UNHCR) – When Mohammed Humed fled from Eritrea to the famous Sudanese tourist destination of Kassala, he was not going on holidays. He was looking for a better life, one providing safety and peace.
"We left because we could see there was no freedom or sustainable future," said Mohammed, who is now 17-years-old and has succeeded in the three years since arriving in eastern Sudan better than he ever could have expected.