Most read reports
- Eritrea: Human rights central to brighter future, says expert
- The Ministry of Health Eritrea launches the National Measles Rubella Vaccination and vitamin A supplementation campaign for children under 15
- Somalia and Eritrea: Security Council to Lift Sanctions on Eritrea
- Unanimously Adopting Resolution 2444 (2018), Security Council Lifts Sanctions on Eritrea, Renews Arms Embargo against Somalia
- Thousands of families reunited one month after Ethiopia–Eritrea border reopens
Los fondos se destinan a programas de ayuda de emergencia, desarrollo agrícola, seguridad alimentaria y educación en Africa, Asia, América Latina y Europa del Este Cáritas.
Les besoins d'aide humanitaire sont en augmentation dans les zones de conflit comme dans les zones sans conflit, a prévenu le Secrétaire général aux affaires humanitaires et Coordonnateur des secours d'urgence.
CROSS BORDER & REGIONAL HIGHLIGHTS
Crisis in Chad-30,000 Refugees in Cameroon
Over 30,000 Chadians fled across the border into north-eastern Cameroon after fighting in N'Djamena between armed groups and the Government in early February. More than 4,600 families comprising some 20,000 persons have registered with UNHCR and indicated their intention to stay in Cameroon for the time being. The refugees began to arrive on 2 February and were initially hosted in two temporary sites as well as in schools, churches and private homes in Kousséri.