Most read reports
- Thousands of families reunited one month after Ethiopia–Eritrea border reopens
- Eritrea: Peace deal could offer hope for reforms, including three key steps, says UN expert
- Can improved Ethiopia-Eritrea relations stabilise the region?
- Security Council Press Statement on Developments in Horn of Africa Region
- Along with Peace, Eritreans Need Repression to End
General Situation during January 2003
Forecast until mid-March 2003
The Desert Locust situation remained calm during January. Although conditions continued to be favourable in the winter breeding areas, no locusts have been reported in these places. Only isolated adults were present in Niger, southern Algeria and northern Somalia. There was an unconﬁrmed report of adults and hoppers in northern Mali. During the forecast period, small-scale breeding could occur along the Red Sea coasts. No signiﬁcant developments are expected.