Most read reports
- Eritrea: Human rights central to brighter future, says expert
- Somalia and Eritrea: Security Council to Lift Sanctions on Eritrea
- Unanimously Adopting Resolution 2444 (2018), Security Council Lifts Sanctions on Eritrea, Renews Arms Embargo against Somalia
- Thousands of families reunited one month after Ethiopia–Eritrea border reopens
- UNFPA strengthening partnerships in Eritrea to sustain development gains
By: Lisa Abou Khaled and Rima Cherri
In Lebanon and Jordan, providing daily meals gives a sense of community back to refugees fasting in the holy month of Ramadan.
BEKAA VALLEY, Lebanon – As the sun sinks, the Ramadan Kitchen in Lebanon’s fertile Bekaa Valley is a hive of activity, buzzing with the sounds of clanging pots and pans, food being packaged into plastic containers and the laughter and chatter of a hundred cooks and volunteers.