Most read reports
- Eritrea: Human rights central to brighter future, says expert
- Thousands of families reunited one month after Ethiopia–Eritrea border reopens
- The Ministry of Health Eritrea launches the National Measles Rubella Vaccination and vitamin A supplementation campaign for children under 15
- Somalia and Eritrea: Security Council to Lift Sanctions on Eritrea
- Can improved Ethiopia-Eritrea relations stabilise the region?
By: Lisa Abou Khaled and Rima Cherri
In Lebanon and Jordan, providing daily meals gives a sense of community back to refugees fasting in the holy month of Ramadan.
BEKAA VALLEY, Lebanon – As the sun sinks, the Ramadan Kitchen in Lebanon’s fertile Bekaa Valley is a hive of activity, buzzing with the sounds of clanging pots and pans, food being packaged into plastic containers and the laughter and chatter of a hundred cooks and volunteers.