Most read reports
- Thousands of families reunited one month after Ethiopia–Eritrea border reopens
- UNFPA strengthening partnerships in Eritrea to sustain development gains
- Eritrea: Peace deal could offer hope for reforms, including three key steps, says UN expert
- Can improved Ethiopia-Eritrea relations stabilise the region?
- Security Council Press Statement on Developments in Horn of Africa Region
The ECDC Communicable Disease Threats Report (CDTR) is a weekly bulletin for epidemiologists and health professionals on active public health threats. This issue covers the period 7 May - 13 May 2017 and includes updates on influenza, measles, hepatitis A, cholera, type E botulism, yellow fever and Legionnaires' disease.
The global terrorist threat continued to evolve rapidly in 2015, becoming increasingly decentralized and diffuse. Terrorist groups continued to exploit an absence of credible and effective state institutions, where avenues for free and peaceful expression of opinion were blocked, justice systems lacked credibility, and where security force abuses and government corruption went unchecked.