Most read reports
- Eritrea: Human rights central to brighter future, says expert
- The Ministry of Health Eritrea launches the National Measles Rubella Vaccination and vitamin A supplementation campaign for children under 15
- Thousands of families reunited one month after Ethiopia–Eritrea border reopens
- Somalia and Eritrea: Security Council to Lift Sanctions on Eritrea
- Unanimously Adopting Resolution 2444 (2018), Security Council Lifts Sanctions on Eritrea, Renews Arms Embargo against Somalia
January 13, 2003, Baltimore, MD - In a letter to U.S. Bishops, the President of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB), Bishop Wilton Gregory, joined Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Chairman and President Bishop Robert Lynch today in calling for prayers and support for the 34 million people throughout Africa affected by a severe food shortage. Absent a massive and immediate response, the crisis could be the worst in Africa since the famine in the mid-1980s.