Most read reports
- Somalia and Eritrea: Security Council to Lift Sanctions on Eritrea
- Eritrea: Human rights central to brighter future, says expert
- Thousands of families reunited one month after Ethiopia–Eritrea border reopens
- UNFPA strengthening partnerships in Eritrea to sustain development gains
- GIEWS Country Brief: Eritrea 25-October-2018
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
Addressing Assembly via Cell Phone, Honduran President Zelaya Calls on United Nations to 'Restore Rule of Law and Freedom that Honduras Deserves'
Concerned that the United Nations outdated structure left it ill-equipped to deal with twenty-first century realities, Government Ministers addressing the General Assembly today pressed the world body to revamp its institutions, extend its alliances and break old mindsets that had hampered its credibility as the world's pre-eminent negotiating forum.
For Osman Mohammed Saleh, Eritrea's Minister for Foreign …