Most read reports
- Security Council Press Statement on Developments in Horn of Africa Region
- Eritrea: Peace deal could offer hope for reforms, including three key steps, says UN expert
- Déclaration à la presse faite par le Conseil de sécurité sur l’évolution de la situation dans la région de la Corne de l’Afrique
- Can improved Ethiopia-Eritrea relations stabilise the region?
- Along with Peace, Eritreans Need Repression to End
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
Addressing Assembly via Cell Phone, Honduran President Zelaya Calls on United Nations to 'Restore Rule of Law and Freedom that Honduras Deserves'
Concerned that the United Nations outdated structure left it ill-equipped to deal with twenty-first century realities, Government Ministers addressing the General Assembly today pressed the world body to revamp its institutions, extend its alliances and break old mindsets that had hampered its credibility as the world's pre-eminent negotiating forum.
For Osman Mohammed Saleh, Eritrea's Minister for Foreign …