Appeals & Response Plans
- Egypt: Floods - Oct 2016
- Syria/Iraq: Polio Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Egypt: Floods - Jan 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Egypt: Landslide - Sep 2008
- Locusts - Aug 2004
- Egypt: Floods - Nov 1994
- Sudan/Egypt: Earthquakes - Aug 1993
- Egypt: Earthquake - Oct 1992
- Egypt: Floods Due To Canal Collapse - Dec 1991
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- ACLED Regional Overview – Africa (16 October 2018)
- ACLED Regional Overview – Africa (6 November 2018)
- Immigration Detention in Egypt: Military Tribunals, Human Rights Abuses, Abysmal Conditions, and EU Partner
- Overstating Climate Change in Egypt’s Uprising
- Egypt UNHCR Operational Update, May - June 2017
By Nibal Zgheib
The EBRD is improving the living conditions of approximately three million inhabitants of Egypt’s Fayoum governorate – of whom around one million will have access to sanitation services for the first time – with a loan of up to €186 million to the Fayoum Water and Wastewater Company for the development and expansion of its wastewater services.
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) is providing a loan of US$ 60 million to support a benchmark project in 6th of October City, a satellite city in the wider Cairo area. The Bank’s loan will be complemented by a US$ 60 million loan from the International Finance Corporation (IFC) and an additional US$ 20 million loan from local Egyptian banks.
The funds will be used to complete the first phase of a large urban development in 6th of October City. The centrepiece of this plan is the completion of a retail and entertainment centre, Mall of Arabia.