Appeals & Response Plans
- Egypt: Floods - Oct 2016
- Syria/Iraq: Polio Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Egypt: Floods - Jan 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Egypt: Landslide - Sep 2008
- Locusts - Aug 2004
- Egypt: Floods - Nov 1994
- Sudan/Egypt: Earthquakes - Aug 1993
- Egypt: Earthquake - Oct 1992
- Egypt: Floods Due To Canal Collapse - Dec 1991
Maps & Infographics
The 2015 Global Peace Index shows that the world is becoming increasingly divided with some countries enjoying unprecedented levels of peace and prosperity while others spiral further into violence and conflict.
The Global Peace Index measures the state of peace in 162 countries according to 23 indicators that gauge the absence of violence or the fear of violence. It is produced annually by the Institute for Economics and Peace.
This year the results show that globally, levels of peace remained stable over the last year, however are still lower than in 2008.