Appeals & Response Plans
- Egypt: Floods - Oct 2016
- Syria/Iraq: Polio Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Egypt: Floods - Jan 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Egypt: Landslide - Sep 2008
- Locusts - Aug 2004
- Egypt: Floods - Nov 1994
- Sudan/Egypt: Earthquakes - Aug 1993
- Egypt: Earthquake - Oct 1992
- Egypt: Floods Due To Canal Collapse - Dec 1991
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- ACLED Regional Overview – Africa (16 October 2018)
- ACLED Regional Overview – Africa (6 November 2018)
- Immigration Detention in Egypt: Military Tribunals, Human Rights Abuses, Abysmal Conditions, and EU Partner
- Overstating Climate Change in Egypt’s Uprising
- Egypt UNHCR Operational Update, May - June 2017
News item | 25-01-2016 | 13:47
Newsflash | 4 March 2011
In response to the recent appeal by the UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR), the Netherlands is donating €1 million to help people stranded in Tunisia, Egypt and elsewhere in the region.
Last week, the Netherlands pledged €0.5 million to the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies. An estimated 147,000 people have fled from Libya to Egypt and Tunisia.
'The humanitarian situation in Tunisia has not yet reached crisis proportions but it could do so at any time,' said Ben Knapen, Minister for European Affairs and …
Newsflash | 2 March 2011
The Netherlands has pledged €0.5 million in response to an appeal from the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC). The situation on Egypt's and Tunisia's borders with Libya, to which more than 100,000 Egyptians, Tunisians and other migrants have surged in the past few days, is deteriorating fast.
The IFRC will be using the money for food, shelter and medicines. By contributing to the IFRC, the Netherlands is supporting the work of the Dutch Red Cross's sister organisations in Egypt and Tunisia.