Appeals & Response Plans
- Egypt: Floods - Oct 2016
- Syria/Iraq: Polio Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Egypt: Floods - Jan 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Egypt: Landslide - Sep 2008
- Locusts - Aug 2004
- Egypt: Floods - Nov 1994
- Sudan/Egypt: Earthquakes - Aug 1993
- Egypt: Earthquake - Oct 1992
- Egypt: Floods Due To Canal Collapse - Dec 1991
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Egypt: Repeal draconian NGO law following President’s calls for review
- ACLED Regional Overview – Africa (16 October 2018)
- ACLED Regional Overview – Africa (6 November 2018)
- Immigration Detention in Egypt: Military Tribunals, Human Rights Abuses, Abysmal Conditions, and EU Partner
- Egypt UNHCR Operational Update, May - June 2017
Refugees who fled the conflict in Syria are now fleeing Egypt, where they once found a safe haven. But in trying to leave Egypt by sea they are risking their lives, as Orla Guerin reports from the coastal city of Alexandria.
The United Nations estimates that over 200,000 Syrians have fled the country as the conflict escalates.
While most of them have gone to Turkey, Jordan and Lebanon, increasing numbers of people are now travelling further afield to Egypt for shelter.
View the video report on BBC.
By Jon Leyne
BBC News, Nile Delta, Egypt
They bring in their sad cargo every morning - the latest animals to die from foot-and-mouth disease in the village of Abshwe in Egypt's Nile Delta, part of an outbreak that is ravaging farms across the country.
Read the story on the BBC