Appeals & Response Plans
- Egypt: Floods - Oct 2016
- Syria/Iraq: Polio Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Egypt: Floods - Jan 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Egypt: Landslide - Sep 2008
- Locusts - Aug 2004
- Egypt: Floods - Nov 1994
- Sudan/Egypt: Earthquakes - Aug 1993
- Egypt: Earthquake - Oct 1992
- Egypt: Floods Due To Canal Collapse - Dec 1991
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- ACLED Regional Overview – Africa (16 October 2018)
- ECHO Factsheet – Egypt – October 2018
- UNHCR Egypt Monthly Statistical Report as of 30 September 2018
- Climate risk profile: Egypt - Fact Sheet
- Immigration Detention in Egypt: Military Tribunals, Human Rights Abuses, Abysmal Conditions, and EU Partner
The humanitarian situation in Syria is dire. It is estimated that 6.8 million people - nearly one third of the entire population of Syria - are in need of humanitarian assistance. Approximately 100,000 people have died in the ongoing conflict with thousands more wounded, and more than 2 million Syrians have sought refuge in Jordan, Lebanon, Iraq, Turkey, Egypt and North Africa since early 2011. These numbers are increasing and the humanitarian crisis is worsening as the conflict continues in the country.
17 June 2013
Enniskillen, Northern Ireland
Prime Minister Stephen Harper today announced support that will help countries in the Middle East and North Africa to modernize their economies and become more open societies. The announcement was made during the G-8 Summit in Camp David, Maryland.
Minister Cannon concludes successful visit to Cairo
(No. 107 - March 16, 2011 - 7 p.m.