Appeals & Response Plans
- Egypt: Floods - Oct 2016
- Syria/Iraq: Polio Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Egypt: Floods - Jan 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Egypt: Landslide - Sep 2008
- Locusts - Aug 2004
- Egypt: Floods - Nov 1994
- Sudan/Egypt: Earthquakes - Aug 1993
- Egypt: Earthquake - Oct 1992
- Egypt: Floods Due To Canal Collapse - Dec 1991
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Egypt: Repeal draconian NGO law following President’s calls for review
- ACLED Regional Overview – Africa (6 November 2018)
- ACLED Regional Overview – Africa (16 October 2018)
- Immigration Detention in Egypt: Military Tribunals, Human Rights Abuses, Abysmal Conditions, and EU Partner
- Egypt UNHCR Operational Update, May - June 2017
Three wishes for the London donor conference on Syria
A month before the world marks the 5th anniversary of the start of the war in Syria the international community will meet in London on 5 February for a high level donor conference to address the humanitarian needs of those affected by the conflict.
This includes 13.5 million vulnerable and displaced people inside Syria, and the 4.2 million Syrian refugees in neighbouring countries.
With the United Nations confirming that a staggering four million people have fled Syria since fighting began, the aid agency CAFOD is urging world leaders to commit to finding a political end to the conflict.
Anthony Neal, Humanitarian Policy Analyst for CAFOD, said: “While the UK has led the world in its humanitarian aid contribution to the Syria crisis, our help cannot end with money. Without a political solution, the number of Syrians trying to flee the country will continue to rise.
Coalition of 36 international aid agencies calls on global donors to respond
International aid agencies working in six countries to help people affected by the Syrian crisis today calls on the international community to dig deep and be generous in responding to the UN’s new Syria and refugee appeals.