Appeals & Response Plans
- Egypt: Floods - Oct 2016
- Syria/Iraq: Polio Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Egypt: Floods - Jan 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Egypt: Landslide - Sep 2008
- Locusts - Aug 2004
- Egypt: Floods - Nov 1994
- Sudan/Egypt: Earthquakes - Aug 1993
- Egypt: Earthquake - Oct 1992
- Egypt: Floods Due To Canal Collapse - Dec 1991
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- ACLED Regional Overview – Africa (16 October 2018)
- ECHO Factsheet – Egypt – October 2018
- UNHCR Egypt Monthly Statistical Report as of 30 September 2018
- Climate risk profile: Egypt - Fact Sheet
- Immigration Detention in Egypt: Military Tribunals, Human Rights Abuses, Abysmal Conditions, and EU Partner
The Deputy Chairperson of Southern Sudan Relief and Rehabilitation Commission, Yar Paul, has told Radio Miraya that about twelve thousand southern Sudanese refugees in Egypt are soon to be repatriated on a voluntary basis. Yar further added that the southern government has given the Commission over SDG 4.5 million to repatriate the refugees.
Yar added that the Commission is currently taking bids from airlines to bring them from Egypt to Juba.
At least one woman was killed and several people wounded in a recent demonstration staged by Sudanese refugees in Cairo. The refugees were demanding urgent repatriation by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees.